Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Audience Profiling

Demographic profiling: The way of grouping an audience define them in terms of age, class, gender, geographical area, class, economic status and religion.

In terms of demographic profiling, i am a 17 year old female of middle class (in terms of my mum's job but individually im at C1 social grade). I'm from West London, of Indian background but am brought up to be British Asian and belong to Hinduism.

Psychographic profiling: Market researchers started to categorize audiences in terms of needs and motivation.

in terms of psychographic profiling, i think i'm partly a succeeder and partly individual because i feel secure and am in control generally. I don't think i'm an aspirer because i don't seek to improve my self by buying high street brand names. I don't own or consume any so i'm not absorbing the ideologies of the products. I can be mainstream because i consume some maintsream texts in terms of TV programmes like Eastenders but i listen to alternative music so buy alternative music magazines and listen to alternative music radio stations. Therefore, I am quite individual as well. I do attend gigs as well and have more of an indie dress sense (converses etc). Also, the only people i would maybe identify with is people (specifically women) in bands but they're not really celebrities...hmm now im a bit of everything. But the only things i'm definitely not is reformer and aspirer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home